The City is on the drive to resolve queries
The City of Joburg is on a community engagement drive, going to its customers in all regions citywide to address outstanding billing issues.
The Open Day programme, run by the City’s Group Finance Department, will start in Region G at the Lenasia Civic Hall on 10 September 2022.
MMC for Finance, Cllr Julie Suddaby, urged Johannesburg customers to attend the Open Days in their areas to have any billing issues resolved.
“If the customers cannot pay their accounts because of personal circumstances, they can address the issue at the Open Day in their area. Speak to the City and find out how CoJ can assist you to keep your account in good standing with the City,” says the MMC.
Suddaby says the City has several programmes to assist customers struggling to pay their accounts. These include the Expanded Social Package (ESP) programme and pensioners’ rebates. The experts from billing, refunds, rates, valuations, legal, back office, front office, ESP, City Power and Joburg Water will assist customers.
The Open Day schedule is as follows:
· Region G, Lenasia Civic Hall, 10 September 2022
· Region C, Roodepoort Civic Parking lot, 17 September 2022
· Region B, Ferndale Recreation Centre, 08 October 2022
· Region A, Randjies Civic parking lot, 22 October 2022
· Region E, Daisy Street parking lot, Sandton, 12 November 2022
· Region F, Kibler Park Recreation Centre, 26 November 2022.
· Region F, Brixton Recreation Centre, 10 December 2022
For more information on all customer service offerings, visit www.joburg.org.za
or call 0860 562 874.